II. Information KM Insurance Agency, Corp. collects and the means used to collect: KM Insurance Agency, Corp. collects information about our customers/brokers that is necessary to provide those services usual and customary to independent insurance agents. KM Insurance Agency, Corp. collects this necessary information from the following sources:
• Information we receive from you on applications or other forms, this information may include, but is not limited to, your name, address, and date of birth.
• Information about our clients’ transactions with us; this information may include, but is not limited to, claims and payment history.
III. How we share client information with non-affiliated third parties: We don’t share information about our customers/brokers or former customers/brokers with nonaffiliated third parties other than as permitted or required by law. For example, KM Insurance Agency, Corp. may share all of the information listed above with non-affiliated third parties for, including but not limited to, the following reasons:
• Information that is necessary to service or process the insurance needs of our clients and brokers, in a manner that is consistent with the usual and customary services provided by or for independent insurance agents. Such usual and customary services or processes provided by KM Insurance Agency, Corp. to its customers include but are not limited to underwriting, shopping the renewal, rating, placement, and providing quotes for insurance that is germane to the coverage the customer places with KMI Agency.
• Information that is necessary to protect the confidentiality or security of KMI Agency client’s records
• Information that is necessary to resolve client disputes or inquiries
• Information that is required by individuals or entities who are assessing our legal compliance.
• Information that is required for KM Insurance Agency, Corp. to comply with the law.
• Information that is necessary to protect against or prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, or other liability
IV. How we share client information with affiliated parties: We do not share client information with any affiliate.
V. Our practices regarding information confidentiality and security: We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard your information. These safeguards include but are not limited to the following:
• We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about our clients/brokers and former clients/brokers to those employees who need to know that information in order to assist in providing services or products to the customer or broker.
• We will punish any employees who impermissibly share client/broker information.